These Lebanese salad pita sandwich wraps are made with protein-packed hummus and creamy cucumber yogurt sauce. For those who’re in search of new vegetarian lunch concepts, this recipe is for you.
For those who’ve been following my recipes for some time, you most likely know I really like wraps. Wraps are a easy option to incorporate tasty protein and wholesome greens into your weight-reduction plan. They’re additionally the right mild lunch or dinner!
As a recipe developer, I prefer to develop straightforward, nutritious recipes with a flavorful twist. A nod to my heritage, these Lebanese salad pita sandwich wraps are perfect for health-conscious diets and vegetarians alike. These scrumptious wraps boast protein-packed hummus and creamy cucumber yogurt sauce.
Lebanese Salad Elements
- Middle Eastern Syrian Salad: Wearing lemon juice, recent garlic, olive oil, and mint, that is the best salad for Lebanese wraps. You can also make this salad earlier than or after you create the cucumber yogurt sauce. I like to recommend making an attempt this salad first for the wraps, nonetheless, you possibly can adapt this recipe for a unique take.
- Massive pitas, skinny type: Folds in your entire scrumptious wrap components. Go for Lavash, a skinny flatbread normally leavened and baked in a tandoor or on a sajj, or one other favourite kind of pita bread.
- Hummus: Provides a great deal of protein to your wrap! Remember to strive my selfmade hummus recipe for this one. For those who’re pressed for time, the store-bought route is completely nice.
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce Elements
- Complete milk plain yogurt: Serves as a nutritious base for the cucumber yogurt sauce. You should utilize greek yogurt for a thicker consistency — whether or not it’s full fats, low fats or 2%.
- Lemon juice: Infuses a citrusy, tangy freshness alongside the opposite flavors within the sauce. Even a small splash of lemon can brighten a recipe with out stealing the highlight.
- Garlic: Packs a ton of taste on this cucumber yogurt sauce whenever you grate uncooked garlic for a flavorful addition.
- Dried mint: Provides a refreshing natural trace. Dill is the normal herb utilized in Tzatziki sauce, so be happy to swap with dill or get artistic with one other favourite herb.
- Cucumber: Technically a fruit however used as a vegetable for culinary functions, cucumbers provide an unbelievable quantity of vitamins in addition to simply the proper crunch on this yogurt sauce.
Learn how to Make Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Cucumber yogurt sauce, also called Tzatziki sauce, is a wildly widespread summer time dip and is at all times served chilly. There are lots of variations of it all through the world and this recipe requires selfmade sauce. To get began, first, add diced cucumbers and entire milk yogurt to a medium-sized bowl.
Subsequent, add the seasoning for this distinctive dip — my favourite half! To do that, grate one clove of garlic, then add salt, pepper and dried mint. It’s additionally widespread to make use of recent dill. The mix of flavors creates a background garlic taste with an natural style.
To finish the sauce, squeeze lemon juice excessive. You can even use a handheld juicer if that’s simpler — I like to make use of them to get as a lot juice as doable. When you’re accomplished, it’s time to make the wraps.
Learn how to Make Lebanese Salad Wraps
First, to organize the pita sandwiches, unfold two tablespoons of selfmade, yummy hummus within the middle of every pita bread.
Second, high the pita hummus with ready Middle Eastern Salad. The components on this recipe are the idea of a Syrian (or Lebanese) salad. For those who haven’t tried this salad earlier than, I promise it would be best to make it time and again!
Third, drizzle the hummus and salad with two tablespoons of the recent cucumber yogurt sauce and start to fold the pita bread. For those who like a number of sauce in your wraps, you simply may need to make extra!
Lastly, wrap the pita bread tightly, then lower it in half to serve. Lay the pita bread flat, maintain it in place along with your non-dominant hand and lower it in half at an angle with a chef’s knife.
Customise These Lebanese Salad Wraps
As you realize, I LOVE these wraps with my Center Japanese Syrian salad recipe. Do you have got one other beloved recipe that you simply’d prefer to strive with this superb cucumber yogurt sauce? In that case, go for it and let me know the way this recipe turned out for you within the feedback!
Regularly Requested Questions
Selfmade cucumber yogurt sauce can final for as much as two weeks when saved in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Retailer the cucumber yogurt sauce and salad in hermetic containers within the fridge and the pita bread at room temperature. Pita bread will final for 5 to seven days at room temperature. Pre-made pita salad wraps will solely final three to 4 days within the fridge.
Place parchment paper between every pita wrap earlier than freezing, so that they don’t stick. Seal them in an hermetic bag for as much as three months within the freezer.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to tag @TheLemonBowl to be featured and so I can see your creations! And when you’re right here, take a look at extra recipes I do know you’ll love:
No forks are required.
Lebanese Salad Pita Wraps with Hummus and Cucumber Sauce
These Lebanese salad pita sandwich wraps are made with protein-packed hummus and creamy cucumber yogurt sauce. For those who’re in search of new vegetarian lunch concepts, this recipe is for you!
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup entire milk plain yogurt
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- salt and pepper to style
Serving: 1pitaEnergy: 387kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 15gFats: 12gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 8mgSodium: 583mgPotassium: 316mgFiber: 8gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 93IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 153mgIron: 2mg