Börek (often known as burek) is a savory Turkish dish that can be very talked-about in Balkan nations and within the center east. This spinach and cheese borek have a flaky crust and wealthy vegetarian filling. These cheese and spinach swirls are product of puff pastry and they’re tremendous straightforward to make. They’re excellent for household dinner, for holidays or for any event.
For the filling:
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
15.8 oz (450g) Child spinach
250g (8.8oz) Ricotta
250g (8.8oz) Feta cheese
Salt to style
Pepper to style
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
For the pastry:
1 bundle (1Kg) Puff pastry, thawed
1 Eggs for brushing
Sesame seeds style
Nigella seeds to style
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Make the filling: in a big pan, warmth 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauté over medium warmth till golden, add spinach and cook dinner for 5-7 minutes, till the spinach is wilted. Drain extra liquids and switch to a big bowl.
3. Crumble the feta cheese and ricotta cheese into the bowl, then add the spices. Combine till properly mixed and put aside.
4. On a clear and evenly floured floor roll out the puff pastry, lower the sheets into size 10cm width strips. Fill the strips with the filling, then fold the dough over the filling, seal the sides and make swirl.
5. Brush the swirls with crushed eggs and sprinkle some sesame seeds and nigella seeds.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, till golden brown.
7. Permit to chill barely earlier than serving.